Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Where's the Passion?

For those of you who don't know where the Passion is I can certainly tell you. It's in the ATL in '07. The people that bring you the best worship CD every year are having their annual conference in Atlanta on January 1-4. Other than conflicting with the holidays and with college football bowl games, I am excited at the possibility of going. I'd say there's a 75% chance of me making the decision to go in the next few weeks. And I can crash at my buddy Andrew's house while I'm down there! Anyone else want to head down to the ATL?

In other news, I'm off to Ichthus this weekend with the youth group. We're going to be rockin' out to such illustrious bands as Day of Fire, tobyMac, J-Camp, Kutless, 7th Day Slumber, Relient K, Kids in the Way, Disciple, Staple, Still Remains, Hawk Nelson, Skillet, and a final farewell performance by Audio Adrenaline. Worship leaders include Crowder, Redman, and Tomlin. College Wesleyan Church's own Steve Deneff will be speaking one night!

Final thought: If you had one last song to hear before you went deaf and could never hear again, what would it be??? I will give you three...and I need reasons.
Mine.....
1) Stryper-To Hell With The Devil...if you do not know this band or their greatness then you clearly do not know me.
2) Guns n' Roses- Paradise City...gotta rock if it's going to be one of the last songs I ever hear!
3) Nothing But The Blood- Matt Redman...go out with some worship to the Almighty...this song would probably change on a daily basis depending on what worship song is stuck in my head.

What diversity in song selection!
I was tempted to pick the longest song I know so as to savor the moment...but I decided quality is more important than quantity!

Look for my upcoming list of greatest songs ever!!! "You will be taken back"-says Rolling Stones....ok maybe they didn't say that.

2 comments:

tfounds said...

I think the last song I'd wanna hear is "Dance with You" by Live. It's an amazing song (in my opinion). It may be by a secular band, but it's one of the greatest worship songs I know. ..."dancin' with Jesus."

blogaccount54 said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»