Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Everything Glorious

Two posts in one day. Don't forget to read the other one.

I would just like to know why no one ever told me the true reason to develop such spiritual disciplines as prayer, fasting, meditation, and bible study. They always seemed to me to be force fed to the masses. Somehow, through lack of teaching or my own deep thinking/daydreaming during good teaching, I never heard a sufficient reason to embrace it all fully with the right heart.

That was many years ago and as I look back I wonder how I did it all. As teens, do we just not get it, choose to not get it, or just not need it as much? Is it simply a maturity thing or a lack of proper teaching thing?

When people would say that their personal time alone with God (TAWG) would be what got them through the day 100 times better than without it I think I understood what they said, but yet failed on some level to grasp how much a difference it truly makes.

Now it seems so simple...any day that you lose your quiet time, your TAWG, and your sustained communication with God you feel incomplete and just altogether "not as with it" or "whole." You're just not the same and you wonder how you got the most out of life before you developed these "spiritual disciplines" as many would call them.

So, how do those who "get this" AND "live this" (albeit everyone unfortunately misses a day or two now and then) communicate and apply it to other's so they may find it also???

Anyways, my belief of this "quality" of time with God (and to some extent "quantity") and how the day just isn't the same when we are "too busy" and somehow don't get our time in with him is summed up in a David Crowder song. Every song he writes either impacts me deeply or not at all. It's a very black and white thing-as most things are with me. This one I obviously love. It's on the Passion:Everything Glorious CD. It's a great worship CD.

"Everything Glorious" by David Crowder
The day is brighter here with You
The night is lighter than it's hue
Would lead me to believe
Which leads me to believe

(chorus)
You make everything glorious
You make everything glorious
You make everything glorious
And I am Yours
What does that make me?

My eyes are small but they have seen
the beauty of enormous things
Which leads me to believe
there's light enough to see that

(chorus)

From glory to glory
You are glorious, You are glorious
From glory to glory
You are glorious. You are glorious
Which leads me to believe
why I can believe that
(chorus)

2 comments:

J Fry said...

wow...the west michigan broncos...i'd be proud to beat them too:-D anywho. hey, i like your post. i feel the same way i would have to say. as for a deep thought about what your wrote...i have none...but i like it. i like it a lot...

Amy Joy said...

Phil...thank you so much I think him being gone will help...eventhough it makes me sad. we can both focus on stuff and he's just like me only a guy...seriously...but anyway, he loves Jesus so much and he's awesome. pray that we both keep God first and have open minds to God's leading:)