Monday, February 12, 2007

Tomlin Book Review

Well I just finished Chris Tomlin's book "The Way I was Made." I didn't even know he had a book out until I bought it at Passion in January.

It was a good book. I found it refreshing and for the most part, a pretty easy read. Anyone who would like a little extra insight on how to live for God and use our gifts should pick this up, especially if you are in the college aged demographic (+ or - 5 years).

It's available for $10 on his website www.christomlin.com

I think the most interesting part of the book was getting a bit of an insight into how worship leaders write songs and what inspires them. The book was published in 2005, so it misses out on some of his newer stuff, but still has some pretty good insight.

Up next: The timeless classic that somehow has eluded me until now, Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster. I'm assuming this won't be quite as easy of a read...but hopefully will bring me closer to God with my spiritual disciplines.

On a side note, Michelle's sister-in-law (I know...my sister-in-law also...but to clarify it's on her side of the family) gave birth to a 12lb 6oz girl. Yeah, that's right....12lbs and 6ounces. I'll finish up with that while you lift your mouth up from the floor.

2 comments:

Adam and Becca said...

OUCH! Holy cow, that's a big baby.

Anonymous said...

Celebration of Discipline is Amazing! You'll enjoy it.

DP