Monday, March 19, 2007

The Turning

I've decided I should give more thoughs on culture (music, movies, and books).

With that thought, let me introduce you to a band you may not have heard of. I have heard them live while leading worship and they did a good job leading and singing songs that were not their's (it was during a youth pastor's conference at IWU).

I later picked up the CD to see how their "original" stuff sounded, all the while knowing that they were not a "worship" band.

All in all it's pretty good...good lyrics, good sound. It has the type of songs that stick in your head and also the lyrics that can make you think and give you spiritual insight. Pretty potent combination.

I play some of the songs when the youth are around. We also play some of the songs before our "contemporary" service on Sunday mornings. Give 'em a listen!


The Band - The Turning
The Album - Learning to Lose

The Turning's Myspace

The Turning's Official Website

1 comment:

Amy said...

Not bad. Not bad at all. In fact, I kind of like them!