Friday, June 22, 2007

Brad Delp Tribute

Who is Brad Delp?

He was only the lead singer of
one of the greatest rock n' roll bands ever!





No, they were not "just another band out of Boston." Instead, they are still one of my favorite bands ever, top 10 I'd say (hmmm...sounds like a post of my 10 favorite bands should be in the making!) Sadly, Brad Delp is no longer with us. I don't know much about him. But, he tragically committed suicide in March.S o, the reason I have this post is to acknowledge the band Boston and also a special "Brad Delp" tribute concert. Guest Vocalists to sing Boston songs were invited personally by members of the band.


Those include Sammy Hagar, Mickey Thomas (Jefferson Starship), and of course, the legendary Michael Sweet, leadsinger of
Stryper. Had to get a Stryper plug in.



It is always sad when people decide they no longer have the strength to go on living. So sad that no one could see their pain or help ease their pain with words of love and truth. I will just leave it at that. You can read the article about the tribute concert here.

I tried to find a good video of my favorite Boston songs, Rock n' Roll Band or Peace of Mind, but I couldn't. So, here's a classic version of Don't Look Back.

1 comment:

Colin said...

All I want is to have my peace of mind....YEAH!!!

Good Band!