Tuesday, June 19, 2007

What's behind Vitamin Water?

I continue to be intrigued with the Vitamin Water commercials. What exactly is Vitamin Water and why is it being so aggressively advertised in such a unique way?


Well, first it has been bought by Coca-Cola for $4.1 Billion. You can read about that here















Second, I found an article stating that Vitamin Water “is basically sugar and water with some vitamins tossed in. You can easily get these through a healthy diet." The article even went so far as to say it was unhealthy for people who are dieting, because of the high level of sugar and calories. You can read the full article here.

There are also a variety of drinks, each named after someone famous. As I understand it, each drink has different vitamins, not just different flavors.

For a list of flavors and famous endorsers, check out their
Wikipedia Page.

My question to you is have you tried vitamin water???
What flavor? Was it any good?

If you haven't tried it, do you think you will?


In the meantime, enjoy a couple of their commercials. The first is the badminton one with Brian Urlacher and David Ortiz that you may have seen. The second one is also a Brian Urlacher one, although I had never seen it until I found it on Youtube a few moments ago. Go Bears!








9 comments:

tfounds said...

lol I've never seen any of their commercials before... but brilliant. :)

And yes, I have enjoyed a nice Vitamin Water. ...mostly because it was between that and a Pepsi... and on a hot, sticky day Pepsi doesn't sound too good. (At least not in a plastic bottle).

Jaime said...

I thought the 50 cent commercial was funny!

Mike said...

It's pretty good. I had the 54 flavor.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Vitamin Water, i drink it whenever i can, and it makes me feel better depending on what one i drink... my legs always hurt but when i drink the essentials one they stopped... i needed more calcium im guessing, others dont seem to do anything... i guess you gotta find one for you but i love the taste and yeah... there great.

Anonymous said...

Vitamin water makes a really tasty light dessert though. If you put it in the freezer for an hour it turns to grantia (a sign of all the sugar) and winds up being really really tasty. The best ones for this are energy and focus I think.

Anonymous said...

I drink it quite frequently and I am completely fine. I do believe that people should start doing a little more research before jumping to conclusions and inventing rumors like the woman in Tierra Amarilla.

Anonymous said...

think that this vitamin water is the best. i allways consume it and it gaves me a los of energy.
madelayne

Anonymous said...

i love vitamin watter is the best i have ever try!!

Papa Louie said...

Vitamin water is glorified junk food with added vitamins and minerals. The crystilline fructuse is made from corn startch which is made from a GMO corn. Why would anyone buy and drink poison?