Friday, June 01, 2007

When Tragedy Hits "Home"

Living close to Indy I hear on the news the frequency of murders inside the 465 circle of Indianapolis.

I guess it hits home even more when it happens a mere mile from your home. I guess that's why my wife double checked that all the doors were locked last night.

Greenfield woman murdered, suspect behind bars

Just for reference, sometimes in a community that historically, according to most people, has not been the most "diversity friendly" it doesn't help the cause when a murder involves an African-American man supposedly killing a caucasian woman. Race isn't always a factor. In the minds of some they like to make it a bigger issue than it needs to be.

According to the all knowing
Wikipedia, the Greenfield community is over 98% White with no other race making up more than .05%.

A family member's response to what should be done to the supposed killer "When they do prosecute him I hope they prosecute him to the fullest and that they fry him."

Pray for the victim's family and all those with emotional ties to this story. I have not yet come across anyone who knew the victim.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Wow.
That's a little scary.