Saturday, October 20, 2007

Prayer for Naptown

Just got back from vacation last night and so I'm sure I could tell other stories about our trip. But, something far greater needs to be mentioned.

Apparently, a tornado passed through Nappanee, Indiana (not sure if it spread farther or not). Nappanee has a special place in my heart because I interned at Napannee Missionary for a summer, plus the church camp I grew up at is just down the road.

It was devastating to watch this video.


If you want other insight check out Derry Prenkerts blog, who is the Sr. High Youth Pastor at NMC.

My prayers are with the entire community...the people without homes or businesses or places to go to work, the churches without a place to meet, and the churches who can provide help!

Keep up with Derry's blog...I'm sure he'll have more info up later. If you live close and want to volunteer he has that info for you.

To see where else it affected the Michiana area, check out this WNDU television link for more info and other videos.

The South Bend Tribune also reports on the effect the tornado had at one RV lot nearby.

No comments: