Tuesday, November 27, 2007

FCA

I welcome any opportunity that comes along that allows me to do one of the following things:

1. Get inside the schools
2. Meet teenagers I've never met
3. Meet teenagers that are apart of other local youth ministries

Meeting new teens on their turf always helps you gain insight and see a little bit better in regards to how their world really is. Talking to other teens in other local ministries can also be inspiring because you see the fruits of your fellow churches (remember...THE church is a team....We're all in this together!!!).

Anyways, last April I was asked to attend some Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) meetings at the high school and over the summer I became the official ministry leader to help oversee the program at the local high school.










Things have been going pretty well, but I think there is a lot to work and improve on. Last night I met with 7 student leaders for pizza, brainstorming, and planning. It was great to see their individual personalities and ideas come to light. For those of you who don't know, FCA is technically a student led organization, so my main objective is to instruct and motivate the leaders who actually run the weekly meetings on Wednesdays before school.

Each student leader has their own special gifts and abilities and I can see bright futures for all of them....a good team should have players who fit different roles, and I think God somehow led these specific students to be a part of this team....all for the glory of God and impacting their school for the kingdom!

Pray for organizations like FCA that are in the schools and trying to show the message of hope and love to all around them!


(Don't worry...a comprehensive update on my 5th grade girls basketball team will be coming when the season is over. There are only two more weeks left in the season, so you'll have to wait until then!)

No comments: