Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Mark Cuban Quote

Mark Cuban (IU alum, Billionaire, Dallas Mavericks Owner) recently posted on his blog some of his story on how he "made it" big in the world....it was a very good read. I loved this quote!

"And finally, I had to make sure I wasn't lying to myself about how hard I was working. It would have been easy to judge effort by how many hours a day passed by while I was at work. That's the worst way to measure effort. Effort is measured by setting goals and getting results. What did i need to do to close this account. What did I need to do to win this segment of business. What did I need to do to understand this technology or that business better than anyone. What did I need to do to find an edge. Where does that edge come from and how was I going to get there. The one thing in our business lives is effort. Either you make the commitment to get results or your don't."

So, check out his posts from late December and early January about success, motivation, and what he likes to call "sweat equity."

**It's not how many hours you put in the work week, it's what you put into the hours!**

How's that for a challenge?

2 comments:

Eric Roemer said...

Hey Phil,

That is really a great concept and quote. I totally agree with him. Sometimes I think that when we judge our work in hours per week we are really low-baring ourselves and limiting our potential... especially in professions like ours.

There is a quote out there that has been ascribed to both John Wesley and D.L.Moody... and probably othere people as well. Whoever said, "Do all the good you can, to all the people you can, for as long as you can." That definately sounds like an effort-driven statement to me.

Phil Strahm said...

A similar Wesley quote I heard was:

Earn All You Can
Save All You Can
Give All You Can