Wednesday, January 02, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

If I put it on the internet....then I'm held accountable.

The following are my 2008 New Year's resolutions.


1. No pop. (I'm joining the Jeff Simpson no pop contest, along with Dan Weiss and whoever else joins the cause. Maybe I'll make it a "cause" for facebook).

2. No Wendy's fast food. I grew tired of Wendy's and haven't had it since September. I'm officially boycotting it due to their burgers continually shrinking while being far inferior to fast food chains BK, DQ, KFC, TB, and Hardee's. I already boycott McD's, outside of their breakfast menu. FYI-I'm not cutting back on fast food...just where I eat it!

3. Workout 2 times a week. My goal is three, but sometimes the weekly schedule makes that difficult. So, for me to keep this goal I'm making it twice a week.

4. Walk Zambrano (my beagle) around the school twice a week in the winter, 4 times a week the rest of the year. It's cold out, but it won't be forever. I live across the street from the elem/middle school and walking around it is probably at least 3/4 mile.

5. Read 13 spiritual/ministry books. This was easy at one time. But I've struggled in stopping during my "busy" day or at night and reading. It's time to get back on track.

6. Master Mario Kart Wii. Hey, I had to have a fun one! In the 2nd quarter of 2008 Nintendo will release this game and I eagerly await the arrival!

7. Not watch a single moment of a sports game on television in the month of July, except for Wimbledon. I think the Olympics are in August, or I may have to change this. Otherwise this should be cake....except for those Cubbies. I still get to watch Sportscenter and PTI. Baby steps....

IT'S YOUR TURN.....MAKE YOUR RESOLUTIONS!!!!!!!!!
Zambrano is ready to take his walk!

No comments: