Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Speaking Christianese 101

Check out this link for a translation of "Christianese" terms that some of us use today.

I'm sure different one's will resonate for you then for me...but here are a few that caught my attention.

"I'm waiting for God to open some doors = I'm living in my parent's basement."

"God gave me a word for you = I have advice to help you with your disaster of a life."

" I have the gift of discernment = I can judge people without even talking to them."

"I was having fellowship with them = We had beer and pizza and watched the game instead of going to church."

"I think you should pray about it = You'll see that I'm right."

"Courting = Homeschool dating."

And For Kids at Christian Universities:
"I'm dating Jesus right now = Are you kidding? I'm way out of your league."

Check out the rest at the link above.

No comments: