Friday, August 22, 2008

David Neville Olympic Results

Last Friday I blogged about David Neville, a 400 meter runner for the USA from IU who also runs the youth ministry at his church.

Well, he took the bronze (far right in photo) in the 400 as part of an American sweep, diving across the finish line!

Neville on his dive..."Sometimes we've got to sacrifice our bodies, our minds and our spirit for what we really want," he said. "I didn't know when I crossed the line what place I was in, but I knew in my heart that I gave it my best, and that's all I could ever ask for."

Click here to read the story about the USA sweep in the 400, which is mostly about the two favorites, LaShawn Merritt and Jeremy Wariner, who took Gold and Silver.
Hopefully this means the USA 400 relay team can take Gold!!!

No comments: