Friday, August 15, 2008

Olympic Youth Pastor!

It's not often you find someone in the olympics who runs the youth ministry at their church. It's a little more common to find a native Hoosier or an IU alum in the olympics.

David Neville is all three!

Neville will be competing for the USA in track and field in the 400 meters and also in the 4x400 relay. He has the 4th fastest time in the 400 this year, and two of the three ahead of him are Americans, so I'm guessing he has a shot at an individual medal and a really good shot at a Gold in the relay race.

"I have to continue to keep my faith central in my life, that I don't ever forget," he says. "I just never want to get to the point where I'm just out there and really don't have anything. It's what keeps me grounded and centered."

Read the full article (not all of it is related to his faith) about Neville here.

The prelims for the 400 start Monday, with the final on Thursday. The 4x400 relay is Saturday, August 23.
USA Track & Field Bio

No comments: