Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Back to School

That's right, 2 and a half years out of college and I am heading back, part-time, through online classes and 1 week intensive classes.

I am enrolled at Fuller Theological Seminary in the Certificate in Youth Ministry program. Essentially, 6 master's level classes which could someday roll into a Master's of Divinity.

My first class, Intro to YM, is a one week intensive at this year's Nat'l Youth Workers Convention in Nashville, TN, from Nov 20-24. Michelle is also going with me (to the convention, not the class)!

Assignments include a day and a half of class, attending seminars, interviewing speakers, writing reflections/analysis', and reading SIX BOOKS!!!

I wanted to get by this past Sunday (I preached) before I focused my attention on this class. So, now I have SIX BOOKS to read in the next 3 and a half weeks!!! Oh, and I'm back coaching girls basketball...so time management will be important. My goal is 3 books this week and then 1 each of the next few weeks!

2 comments:

tfounds said...

Which books are you reading?

Phil Strahm said...

A bunch of Chap Clark Books.

1. Deep Ministry in a Shallow World
2. Hurt: Inside today's teenagers
3. Starting Right: Theology & YM
4. A 50 page thought on "practical theology" with reviews from other seminary ym's
5. Purpose Driven Youth Ministry
6. Youth Ministry Mgmt Tools