Saturday, December 27, 2008

New Year's Resolutions - Looking Back #7

The final day (Day 7) of looking back on my 2008 New Year's Resolutions.

To see the previous posts regarding my success (or lack thereof) click here.

#7. "Not watch a single moment of a sports game on television in the month of July, except for Wimbledon. I still get to watch Sportscenter and PTI. Baby steps...."

Result: FAILURE
Despite the fact I gave myself many loopholes (the greatest tennis match ever played ended up being one of them (Federer - Nadal)), I merely forgot about this resolution until mid-July, where I had realized I had already watched a few Cubs games and probably something else as well.

Keys to Failure:
-Remembering this resolution
-Inability to not watch the Cubs
-Addiction to sports

OVERALL RESULTS FOR 2008:
5 for 7
71% Success Rate

I'd say overall, I did pretty well.

No comments: