Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Eating on $1 a Day?

Don't think you could eat on $1 a day?
This man was able to spend less than $30 on food for an entire month.

One of the few spots we splurge on is going out to eat (I don't see you driving a '92 Pontiac Sunbird with the cassette deck (which actually comes in handy for easy hookup to my Zune. Yes, I said Zune...not i-pod)). But, this is certainly thought provoking in many ways considering $1 may be equal to many people's hourly/daily wage around the world.

Maybe my extra frugal sister will take up this challenge?

On a similar note, if you've never checked out Global Rich List to see just how fortunate you are then I suggest you do. All you need to know is your annual income.

6 comments:

Adam and Becca said...

Hmmmm....interesting idea. I'm wondering if this man has a job, other than this blog? I usually only do one grocery store and one drugstore a week (sometimes more than 1 trip). I'm certainly not as "into" couponing as what he is. I can usually only get my hands on 2-3 coupon inserts every week. If I had more time on my hands, it might be an interesting thing to attempt. We'll just have to agree that I could do it.

leondavis3@gmail.com said...

I know people went months without ever receiving $1, and yet they are still here and happy, I'm one of them

Da Dainty Dame said...

hey that is why I am aspiring to turn myself into a millionaire one day :D anyways great post!

Da Dainty Dame said...

hey that is why I am aspiring to turn myself into a millionaire one day :D anyways great post!

JLJ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mike said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!
We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."
It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your interview.
Best regards,
Mike Thomas