Saturday, August 21, 2010

Birthday Fun - Big Time Tennis

As my birthday present we went and watched about 7 hours of tennis yesterday at the Cincy Masters Open (yes, it was 90+ degrees and very sunny). Michelle and I decided a few years back that buying "stuff" for birthday presents was boring and would just clutter our lives, so we like to do things instead!

It's one of the tournaments that's right below a Grand Slam and a whole lot cheaper and closer than the US Open in New York. Thankfully, all the big names were playing (Roger Federer, Andy Roddick, Andy Murray, & Novak Djokovic).

As we were getting ready to leave someone handed us free tickets to the night session with Rafa Nadal. We stayed for one set but were pretty wiped out from what was then over 8 hours of tennis. Nadal ended up losing (woohoo, not a big fan) as did Murray and Djokovic, so Federer was the only favorite to win (Fed is the man).

Enjoy the pix and video.









1 comment:

B,P,R,S & L said...

So jealous!!! I was to go so badly. I told Bobby we have to go to Cincy next year. I also want to go to the US Open some time before I die. :~)